Monday, December 12, 2016

Reflective Blog Post

My semester in Intro to Technology for Educators was a little rough. I came into this class thinking it would be an easy A, it certainly was not. Even though I had a rough time, I learned a lot about technology integration in the classroom. I never realized that this integration involved more than just using computers for an assignment. The textbook showed me that technology can go way past an online assignment. The textbook showed me educators have so many resources online to help them in the classroom. I honestly never thought there would be an entire website for Rubrics! Wow! Not only is the technology there to help educators, but the technology is there to help both the students and their parents! If your classroom's parents are tech savvy then they will have a great time being involved with their child's learning experience!

Here is the link to one of my favorite websites this class helped me find! Also the one that surprised me the most!

This class surprised me in a lot of ways! I was surprised by not only the content I read about but also how easily I could put it into practice. When we were given the collaborative lesson plan project I was very nervous, but we all did a great job at coming together and making a very satisfactory product! Without technology and its wonderful ways of communicating we could not have done that! The discussions were very important also. I believe it is always important to view and respect the opinions of others. I love seeing things from the eyes of others and the discussions in this class helped me broaden my horizons.

This class was nice and a great foundation for a future educator to build upon! I struggled to keep up with this class and work frustrated me. I think it was because I am not as tech savvy as I'd like to think I am! All in all the class has very important content and information that I believe is constantly overlooked!

This video sums up what technology integration is all about! The video clearly shows what technology is for in the classroom and why we should continue to embrace the fast evolving technology in the classroom!




No comments:

Post a Comment