Sunday, September 25, 2016

Digital Blog Post D

https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/9f152bf1-c8fd-46f1-b59e-1f31adfbe18     Google has become the most popular Search Engines world wide. Not only does Google provide the ability to search anything at any time, but it provides a series of services. For example I use Google Drive, Slides, and Docs. Google basically provides a free word processor to those with a Google account. With Google's search engine, you can choose to use an "Advanced Search" to remove anything not related to what you are searching from the results. "Advanced Search" can be very useful to students who need to really hit the topic of their essay prompts. I really enjoy Google for various reasons. I don't have any reliable place to save photos, documents, or forms other than Google Drive. Drive lets me save anything I would like and my items are completely protected.


Google Service Poll!

     Growing up, Wikipedia was the one website I was NOT allowed to use for research. Wikipedia can be very resourceful and handy, but it can also be edited by anyone. The fact that Wikipedia can provide altered information from anyone on the internet is the reason I was not allowed to use it. My teachers did not trust Wikipedia and they thought I would learn facts that were false or facts that could harm me in my essay writing. At one point I was very confused, because some of my teachers loved Wikipedia and others absolutely hated it! Personally, I loved Wikipedia, but only for the sole reason of looking up familiar TV stars and see what other TV shows they appeared in. I rarely used Wikipedia for any school projects.
     In middle school and high school, I always had trouble citing my information in and out of text. Even now I still have trouble with citing my information! In high school, I was always accused of plagiarism, but in fact I just didn't know how to cite or make a bibliography. I don't think I was ever really taught the correct way to cite. Plagiarism is when you copy information from someone else's work and claim it as your own work. This goes hand in hand with cheating...if you try to pass off someone else's work as yours that is definitely cheating! I never plagiarized in high school or middle school, the moment I found out it was illegal, I was scared straight!

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment