Saturday, October 22, 2016

Digital Blog Post H

Powerpoint was always the easiest learning tool my teachers used, the program was easy for educators to relay information and easy for students to get the information. For me, sitting in a seat and solely listening to my teacher or professor talk at me was very difficult. I always needed a visual to help me understand or to stay connected with what was being taught. I will also never forget when powerpoint was first introduced to me back in elementary school. I had to learn its tricks and different themes to show that I was proficient in the program. Since then, Powerpoint was all that I used for any presentation. Recently I've become aware of Google Slides (similar to Powerpoint), and since it is a free program to those with Google accounts, Slides has become my best friend!

In class what do you prefer your teachers using? What's better for your learning style? click the link below and answer the poll!
Powerpoint?

In my senior year of high school I took a class called TV Production. I enjoyed this class so much it made me wish I had taken the class all four years of high school. In this class, I was required to make different videos such as Public Service Announcements, Informercials, Music Videos, Documentaries, or Intros for the School News. I absolutely enjoyed filming and editing all of these videos. The best part of my digital videos was getting to show off what a great product I had done all by myself. I enjoyed digital storytelling so much that I considered going to Film School. I learned so much by making all of my videos. My final for the class was to make a music video and out of all the videos I made that year, this one is the one I had the most fun making!


Sometimes, if I didn't understand something I would try to listen to podcasts to help me learn or comprehend better. Listening to podcasts never helped me at all. Soon enough, I realized that I was a visual learner and that I needed those visual aides to help me and to hook me into the content. Only listening was very hard for me because I just cannot learn through audio. Some students are able learn on just listening and others...not so much. That is why it is aways important to acknowledge every student's learning type!








Cabrera, M. (2016, May). Pizzagraph Retrieved from

Kahoot! | play this quiz now! (2016, October 22). Retrieved October 22, 2016, from Kahoot it, https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/1fb14137-bfe0-4c7c-b63e-9f9efe520e1

 Learning Styles. Retrieved October 22, 2016, from http://leadingedgetutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Learning-Styles-243x300.jpg    
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment